AROW recognized with the GFOA’s Excellence Award
Nassau County Government selected Solveda to develop a new eGovernment solution that would not only provide the necessary high levels of service to citizens – but also facilitate a less costly way to manage property tax assessment reviews
- The Nassau County Government experiences a pressure that is common to Governments Nationally – to do more with less.
- Despite this challenge, however, the County Executive has steadfastly championed a drive toward providing citizens with better access to government information, raising service standards and improving employee productivity.
- One initiative that exemplifies this strategy is “Assessment Review On the Web”, a solution that deals with property tax assessment reviews.
Electornic Tax Assesment
Faster Life Cycle of an Appeal
Scalability & Flexibility
- Solveda was chosen after a competitive bid to deliver an eGovernment Portal based solution that would help lower the costs associated to handling property tax assessment reviews.
- With extensive experience developing browser based solutions, Solveda was ideally placed to ensure that the solution would meet both Nassau County’s “front office” and “back office” requirements; as well as be capable of handling both simple residential and complex commercial property assessment reviews.
- Complete integration with the back-end processes to facilitate same day shipping
Assessment Review On the Web (AROW)
- “Assessment Review On the Web” (A.R.O.W) was developed in just 5 months
- Based on J2EE standards and built to integrate with IBM WebSphere Portal, Solveda first ensured the existing IT architecture could support broad process transformation in the short and long term
- As eGovernment services are being increasingly adopted by citizens, Solveda architects ensured that the solution offered uncompromising security, delivered 24×7 availability and was scalable and flexible enough to meet anticipated usage
- Secondly the business analysts and application development teams from Solveda ensured that the application met with the Assessment Review Commission’s functional requirements
- Thirdly, Solveda ensured that the portal would cater for a diverse constituency in terms of its front-end design
What the client says…
“This solution offers taxpayers choice. It places, literally at their fingertips, all the information they need to make empowered decisions regarding their most valuable assets. This is another step in making Nassau County Government more accessible and tax-payer friendly.”
Glenn Borin,Commission Chairman