Solveda developed the Outgoing Loans Tracking System (OLAS) for the Registrar’s Office at MMA.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the world’s largest and finest art museums.The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in three iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer, and The Met Cloisters. Millions of people also take part in The Met experience online.
Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum’s galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
- They were using card catalogs to Excel spreadsheets in order to manage each aspect of the loan process.
- It was a challenge to establish a single interface to track and report the loan process and to generate entry reports in order to process loan expenses.
- Tracking of movement of critical art items was a manual process and it was challenging to develop an application to track loans , art items ,returns ,shipping schedules etc.
- Art loans requires a large amount of written communication, from requests for information to insurance details to courier arrangements and each letter takes 20 minutes to be processed manually.
Loan Setup and Tracking
Accounting and Reporting
Letter Generation In Seconds
- OLAS’s versatile interface enables Museum staff to track and complete the many tasks that comprise the lending process, from initial loan requests, to approvals, to crating and shipping, through to the final return and billing.
- OLAS establishes a single workflow that prompts users for action and tracks items throughout the entire loan process.
- OLAS can generate ledger entry reports so that loan expenses can be processed by the Museum & Finance Department.
- Management-driven ad hoc queries-for example, all open loans, pending loans, art due back within a specific date range-can be produced immediately.
What the client says…
“We lend our expensive and rare art objects to other institutions around the world. Being able to track the movement of these is critical. Solveda helped us replace a manual system by developing a computer application that tracks our loans from the initial request of the artwork to the loan’s return. They worked closely with us and met every specification we defined. We are very happy with the results.”
Douglas Hegley,CTO, The Metropolitan Museum of Art