Fortis Healthworld e-Commerce
Fortis Healthworld is one of India’s leading Wellness and Pharmacy Retailers with an end to end healthcare & wellness portfolio comprising of clinical/hospital services, pathology, insurance and pharmacy services. It currently operates in a pan India network of more than 100 stores spread across numerous cities. Voted as the Emerging Retailer of the Year, Fortis Healthworld has successfully implemented SAP ERP and operates a complex and efficient IT infrastructure to support their operations and growth plan.
Fortis Healthworld was already a fast growing brick and mortar retailer when they approached Solveda. RWL had already invested in SAP ERP and their various businesses were being integrated into this central enterprise software platform. There were strategic growth opportunities in the Indian retail space that they wanted to take advantage of. The next step was to launch an e-Commerce initiative that would tap on the strengths that the company had built while being mindful of the business process challenges in India. The challenge was to find a platform that has a competitive entry cost, can be easily adapted to accommodate market specific features and processes and could be integrated with their existing ERP systems.
- The need for a solution that recognizes the regulatory requirements governing sale of prescription products and can be customized to meet those regulatory frameworks
- A commerce infrastructure that can seamlessly handle order fulfillment issues in a market notorious for its inefficient logistics and delivery infrastructure
- A platform that provides payment options that is driven by a cash on delivery model as opposed to a credit card model
- Solveda implemented the Big Fish e-Commerce Suite as the core commerce platform and built several custom features to accommodate Fortis Healthworld specific business processes
- Developed a prescription upload feature where the customers could upload their prescription while purchasing pharmacy products, and made the uploaded prescription available in the Fortis Healthworld’s database for re-orders
- A better approach to customer loyalty management by integrating the customer database and the check out process to allow points redemption for loyal customers
For one of India’s largest Wellness and Pharmacy retailers, going online was a natural progression given its traditional strengths in brick and mortar retail. However, the choice of an e-Commerce platform and technology partner were critical decisions to make. Solveda’s demonstrated commitment to retail centric technology development along with in-house product engineering capabilities put us at the forefront as a preferred IT partner.
- The BigFish Platform is a powerful open source e-Commerce platform that supports Religare’s growing businesses
- Custom features like prescription upload allowed the company to build specific features to suit their business processes
- With the ability to tie customer databases with order processing , the company is now able to offer its loyal customers best value for money and thereby build customer loyalty
What the client says…
“The eCommerce play for Fortis Healthworld is a critical part of our channel strategy. When we initiated the program we were looking for a technology partner who understood our requirements. Solveda has done just that and the entire Solveda team, ably led by Deepak Agarwal, has played a key role in making Fortishealthworld.com a reality.”