Carrefour Wholesale Cash and Carry
The Carrefour group is a world leader in the retail sector. It is one of the largest hypermarket chains in the world, the 2nd largest retail group in the world and the largest in Europe. Carrefour is a multi-format, multi-channel and a multi-local retailer with more than 9,900 stores. The Group now features four major grocery retail formats: hypermarkets, supermarkets, cash & carry and convenience stores.
In this journey, we selected the IBM Websphere Commerce Server platform and partnered with Solveda for the complete implementation. Solveda is a niche and expert partner within the IBM Websphere Commerce space, and their deep technical and business understanding was critical to the successful launch of our site. Their multi-continent exposure and past experience greatly reduced our time to market and project cost.
Subhodip Bandy,Director of IT, Carrefour
Carrefour had a pressing need to optimize and improve business processes in their complex multi-channel retail solution.The system was facing a lot of inconsistencies leading to significant deviations in business predictability. Additionally, they also needed to introduce multi-store features and micro-site based custom storefronts. Carrefour needed to focus on driving efficient and targeted business processes and were looking to leverage e-Commerce to expand coverage, respond to new markets and increase competitive advantage.
- Carrefour was experiencing inconsistencies in their real time inventory checks, pricing & promotion displays as well as e-Catalog management
- Carrefour wanted an effective solution for better customer management and tighter control on order fulfillment
- IBM’s powerful Websphere solution was not being fully leveraged and optimized to meet Carrefour’s growing business ambitions
- The existing e-Commerce solution was not well integrated with the back-end systems leading to hardware and software redundancies in the IT infrastructure, thereby significantly driving up operational costs
Solution and Benefits
Solveda leveraged their deep competencies in Business Process and Integration Solutions to meet Carrefour’s IT requirements. A team from Solveda’s IBM center for excellence doubled up as Carrefour’s technology partner to build and roll out the solution.
- The project was seamlessly executed over phases, with the Development, Quality Assurance and Business Stakeholders working in tandem.
- Solveda’s comprehensive e-Commerce solution was the perfect answer to challenges faced by Carrefour in order to extend their reach, increase revenues, reduce costs and streamline order processes
- Carrefour reported consistent improvement in operational efficiencies related to their B2B business processes including inventory management, order fulfillment, customer satisfaction and operational cost rationalization.