Solveda rebuilds the Yamaha Music eCommerce site
Yamaha Music (Asia) Private Limited, a subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation – the world’s largest musical instrument manufacturer has chosen Solveda to redesign their eCommerce website for the ASEAN region. Yamaha Music (Asia) Private Limited is based in Singapore and caters to the customers in that region. They had already invested in the IBM Websphere Commerce platform and was selling the Yamaha brand of music instruments, audio and visual devices and professional audio equipment on their online store.
- Yamaha Music were using an IBM Websphere Commerce solution that just wasn’t working out. The user experience was lacking and Yamaha Music could not drive additional revenue through the site
- Yamaha Music were also looking to leverage Customer Segmentation features in order to offer specific user experiences and promotions to have targeted campaigns for students and teachers
- Another key goal was to implement a solution that could be expanded to accommodate their growing B2B business model
- On the technical side, performance and scalability was a concern; browser compatibility was an issue and the site was not optimized for mobile devices.
- After due consideration and diligence, Yamaha Music engaged with Solveda to rebuild their online store
- The Solveda engineering team went to work, and after 4 months delivered a world-class solution with resolutions for all of Yamaha Music’s key challenges
- The store is now scalable, compatible with all browsers, and optimised for mobile users
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: A new user interface (UI), social media integration, and many personalization features were developed so that the new site offers a truly unique and satisfying user experience, for teachers, students and general users.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Integrated social media features are now engaging an entirely new channel. Customer segmentation features now offer personalized marketing promotions.
- RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN (RWD): The store is fully responsive and operational on desktop, iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, Galaxy, Droid and other small devices. The site responds to the device being used, providing a first class experience for all visitors.
- FUTURE PROOF: The new store has been expertly engineered, performance and scalability are no longer an issue. Plus the store is now ready for the next level, using the Websphere “extended sites” feature a new B2B store is planned for a future phase. All features geared to grow the business and increase revenues!