Solveda Re-Engineers DMART eCommerce Site and Mobile App
DMart is a one-stop supermarket chain that aims to offer customers a wide range of basic home and personal products under one roof. Each DMart store stocks home utility products – including food, toiletries, beauty products, garments, kitchenware, bed and bath linen, home appliances and more.
DMart was started by Mr. Radhakishnan Damani and his family to address the growing needs of the Indian family. From the launch of its first store in Powai in 2002, DMart today has a well-established presence in 140 locations.
- DMart was ready to go live with their eCommerce store when Solveda came on board. The immediate challenge was with overall support and performance of the website in critical areas like order fulfillment, order management, and checkout. These would impact their order handling capacity and overall customer experience having a direct impact on revenue.
- Solveda’s second challenge was to overhaul DMart’s native app – iOS and Android. It was in development stage which had technical issues which were eventually holding up the market launch.
- A headless UI framework was being planned for Mobile App and Website.
- Solveda got down to the basics and worked with the DMart engineering team to launch the site. After the launch, the Solveda team re-engineered the DMart site with the implementation of headless WCS user interface utilizing HTML as a front-end. This increased the overall performance of the website and order management ability.
- Mobile application code was reconstructed by the Solveda mobile app team in a short time to enable DMART to launch the app which is now one of the fastest apps in the retail space. The launch of the app gave an impetus to their order tally which grew substantially.
- Solveda IBM Commerce team along with DMart engineering team also rolled out the new site with a headless UI framework.
- DMart’s eCommerce website and mobile application both were relaunched and re-engineered by Solveda. Initially, the application was capable to handle only 100 order requests per day which is now extended up to 2000+ orders. Overall performance ability of the website and application also increased manifold.
- Before Solveda took over a huge team was providing support and maintenance. This was reduced by 80%, providing a cost-effective solution for DMart.
- DMart reengineered solution executed by Solveda caused a huge impact on the business by managing their customer traffic on web and mobile and managing an efficient order cycle. Solveda continues to be an efficient technical partner for DMart in its eCommerce venture.
- Solveda team is currently managing all aspects of DMart eCommerce store and mobile app.