Solveda enhances business process automation for ALP Microsystems WEBOE
Based in Montreal, Quebec, ALP Microsystems has been developing Point-of-Sale (POS) solutions since 1983. The offerings include a full line of POS systems, both for the restaurant and retail industry, to more specialized applications such as the sale of fuel, the garment industry and the manufacture of custom built furniture. In addition the company offers integration of surveillance systems and accounting solutions to complete a full range of products to properly manage your business.
- ALP Microsystems product WEBOE (based on Apache OfBiz – a powerful open source ERP engine) was being used by one of the customers- PIPE and PILING SUPPLIES LTD.
- WEBOE needed to be enhanced to have complete visibility and control of the backend processes. Only a few modules of Apache OfBiz like Inventory Management module were in use. This was making it exceedingly difficult to effectively manage inventory, process orders, generate invoices, manage credit processes and generate reports.
- The process lacked the capability to track and auto update the inventory levels across warehouses whenever sales and purchases were made.
- Solveda Apache OfBiz team had its work cut out. Inventory module was first modeled to allow the store managers a complete view of the inventory across all warehouses. ‘In Transit’ inventory tracking was also enabled, which allowed WEBOE to accept orders from customers which they previously refused because of no visibility on the movement of a stock.
- Solveda Engineering team worked closely with the end customer PIPE and PILING SUPPLIES to overcome operational challenges in other areas like:
- Warehouse management
- Improved Order life cycle
- Automated Tax calculation with Avalara Tax API Integration
- Credit Processes
- Automated Credit Invoices for US and Canada
- Efficient sales reporting.
- The idea was to provided them a solution with an efficient enterprise management for a superior end customer experience.
- The re-engineered ERP allowed ALP Microsystems product WEBOE to bring Real-Time Visibility, Accessibility, Reports, and Control over Inventory Management and Order Management processes.
- The solution made a huge impact on the Pipe and Piling Supplies business by providing insights on Sales Orders, Inventory, Purchase Orders, Shipping, Invoice, In-transit Stocks, Auto-generated Reports, Tax calculation and Customer Management.
- Solveda continues to be a technical partner for ALP Microsystems.